Why is marketing so important?
The number 1 rule of marketing is to create an ideal scenario for your potential customers in which you present them with the perfect time, place, and offer.
You will find that today, the majority of your clients can be found online: scrolling through social media, reading blogs and news articles, or searching online for just about anything that they might need.
Digital marketing places you in those same channels, so that your potential clients can stumble across your business, learn more about it, and even ask questions to learn more about what you have to offer.
Digital marketing is the key to growing a successful business in today’s world!
Understanding why it is important to use Social media
Different people use different platforms to interact; the majority are on Instagram, then there is Facebook messenger, and then the younger audience is active on TikTok and Snapchat.
To effectively communicate with all of your audience, you need to be present on each platform.
Multi-channel communications and marketing is a trend that started a few years ago. Using social media is the easiest way to build your brand and develop that relationship with your clients – both existing and new.
When a customer comes to your brand, no matter what platform they access you through, you are active Whichever platform the customer decides to use to interact with you sends updates and automatically responds to the customer.
Multi-channel marketing is when the brand extends their marketing message across every channel where their customer is present. Which should include (but is not limited to) the following platforms:
- Instagram – Create an account and switch it to a business profile. You can convert any personal account to a business account. This unlocks several features on the app.
- Facebook – Create a Page for your business. Choose the correct type of your business and build your profile.
- Snapchat – Install the app, create an account.
- Twitter – Create an account.
- TikTok – Install the app, create an account.
- LinkedIn – Create a personal page if you don’t have one yet, then create a business page.
- Youtube – Create a channel with your Gmail account.
- Pinterest – Create an account, switch it to a business account.
It is very important to understand your demographic on each platform as they differ from one social media channel to the next, but we will learn more about that in another chapter more in-depth.
Creating great content
Your clients are your best models!! Always create content with your clients and do not be afraid to create branded content for all of your social media platforms – the more the better!
You should generate as much creative content as you can. Be sure to always make your content unique. Different posts with consistently
new faces and real people with real results will be one of your most important tools in generating new clientele for your business.
Always be sure to ask your clients if they are comfortable with being recorded and/or photographed. You may even want to consider offering them some benefits such as free add-ons to their treatment for doing you the favour.
Make sure you tag your clients so that they can repost to their profiles and more of their friends can see your post. Obviously you must get their permission though.
Keep your branding on point
Personal/Salon Branding is extremely important as you can generate several new clients through “word of mouth”. Your staff, spa, logos, banners, etc, should be consistent throughout the images, videos and posts in order for your followers will recognise your business.
Make sure your message is in alignment with your business vision.
This creates a stronger sense of trust between you and the client (or potential client) and the more trust and loyalty your clients feel, the more likely they are to keep coming back. Plus you will attract your ideal customer.
How to move ahead with your marketing
There are two of the most important things that need to be done to move ahead:
- If you don’t have a website, create it. Your website is important. This is where your clients can refer to in order to learn all about your products, services, and your company as a whole. Clients are more likely to contact you if you have a clean and resourceful website.
- If you aren’t yet using a system to schedule appointments, start using it today. You will not believe how much it will make your life easier. It is like having a PA!
Where should you start?
- Have a website
- Have a scheduling system
- Be represented on Google maps, Apple maps, Yell and other online catalogues.
- Create places for clients to leave a review and start collecting reviews on Google, Facebook, etc.
- Find the team that you need to create content, articles, website or do it by yourself.
- Create a list of tasks for marketing team to be prepared for future activities.
- Use online tools and apps to create content images and videos by yourself.
Some things to think about
I will expand on many of the points above in other blogs. So watch for them coming… But for now make a start by doing the above. Download the apps and make a start.
One of the first things I will mention is collecting reviews… The reason why reviews are so important is the fact that they help boost
customer loyalty and trust towards a brand. It is said that 88% of potential customers read reviews when making a decision.
Positive reviews made by consumers on websites like Google, Facebook, Trip Advisor, Yelp and more significantly better your business.
As a business owner, you really want to find time to read customers’ reviews. This can give you an idea on how to improve the quality of your services and better your clients’ experiences with your business. When your audience notices that you have consistently positive reviews, you stand out compared to your competitors.
Reviews give credibility to the business, and the volume of reviews is a signal that the users can trust you.
Where to get reviews
Make a start using the following platforms:
- Facebook – When you do activities on Social media or ads on Facebook, it is good to have some reviews there. Even one review every week or biweekly is great.
- Google My Business – Google Maps has been sending push notifications to those who have their location turned on and visited your location. Google them to leave a review. Getting reviews on Google is very important. It helps you appear at the top of the list with competitors on Map and in Search.
It is important to thank good reviews and acknowledge the bad ones. Reach out to negative feedback and see how you could improve your business in the future.
Remember: the client is always right. Even when they are not!
- Create different pages to leave reviews or update your business information on those you already have.
- Create email templates with links to all your pages for reviews.
- Send email asking for a review after each visit. It’s a great idea to set up an automated email campaign in CRM. If you don’t have this option, send it manually from your business email.
- Add links to your review pages on Contact page on website.
- Promote your reviews on your website, Facebook and Instagram.
- Send email blasts to all your existing clients.
I also offer a free strategy call as part of my Creating Salon Success group, to discuss the challenges you are facing in your business or to help you find your direction. Or, maybe you just need a little support and want to work at things at your own pace, join us.
There are so many modules available to you, all aimed at helping you have the business you always thought you would have; learn how to price your treatments and build your confidence.
If you fancy a chat just get in touch…