How Indian Head Massage can boost your business…
Let me share with you how training in Indian Head Massage can help grow your business, increase your client base and boost your revenue. How good does that sound?
You are probably wondering how it can make so much difference. Let me explain in a little bit more detail.
First of all…
So Many Opportunities.
There are so many opportunities with Indian Head Massage treatments. For example, let’s start with where you can offer Indian Head Massage. Below are a few suggestions:
- Corporate Massage – get your name into businesses. Employers are concentrating on staff well being.
- Mobile Massage – reach people who are unable to get to a salon.
- Massage parties/pamper parties – have a big number of people in one go. Ladies love these get togethers.
- Chair massage for groups of Mums when the kids are in school – why not approach schools to see if they would put on an evening.
- Chair massage at school fayres – local school fayres or village fayres.
- Chair massage at hairdressers’ waiting areas – if you work in a hairdressers this is a great way to boost clientele.
- Chair massage in hotels and B & B’s for staff or guests – why not approach local hotels?
- Chair massage in ladies clubs, golf clubs & gyms – different clubs may allow you to put leaflets in there or host an evening.
- Using the lying massage as a fabulous treatment or add on for your therapy room – we do this in my salon, it is very popular.
These are a few ideas and I am sure you will be able to think of many more.
Plan events or visits carefully and make sure you contact the manager or person in charge in advance and explain the benefits of the treatment. Maybe take some leaflets in.
You could offer them a free sample treatment so they can see the benefits for themselves. This way they will be able to help promote you and your services.
Please be aware you need insurance and make sure your insurance covers you to work in different places.
Indian Head massage is pure magic
The traditional seated Indian Head Massage is a great way to showcase your treatments.
The only equipment you need is a chair and a towel or pillow. The treatment can be as long or as short as you need.
It’s perfect for open days and charity events and it can encourage clients to book for a full massage. If you’d like to give an Indian Head Massage in a company why not offer the personnel manager a free treatment?
Even a short massage can break down some painful knots and show how the treatment could benefit employees.
Mobile Massage Minus the Hassle
I know mobile treatments can be time consuming and tiring. However being able to offer mobile massage can open up a new income stream for you and also increase your clientele. Maybe do it on a day that you are quiet in your salon.
You will know and understand how much of a ball ache mobile can be, however Indian Head Massage is the perfect treatment because you do not need to take much with you.
If you have ever done mobile massage, the hassle of packing up your massage table, pillows, towels, blankets, couch roll, music etc can be frustrating. Not to mention the packing and unpacking. I am not meaning to sound negative. However, with Indian head massage or all you need is your sanitiser, oils and a pillow?
Sounds perfect doesn’t it?
Attract clients to you with demonstrations
You could offer some free or discounted demos and Indian Head Massage demonstrations are fabulous ways to attract clients. It can help get your known in your area and you can make an impact even on people who don’t receive a treatment at the time. Let me explain…
When you are doing demos or events. Please make sure you bring the following things with you. This is because you don’t want people to forget you and you want it to be as easy as possible for them to either find you again or just book in with you there and then. Don’t be caught short.
- Business cards with contact information and website/Facebook page.
- Flyers or pricelists with contact information and website/Facebook page.
- Appointment Book
- Vouchers for extra time or money off – I suggest these being valid for a limited time, maybe a month. You want them in asap!
- Encourage people to take several and share with their friends and family. You can easily create something professional using Canva.
- Free give away – cards with tips for stress, muscle tension, insomnia. Just make sure you remember to include your contact details.
- Brochures explaining how Indian Head Massage can benefit common complaints.
- Email signup sheet – maybe do a competition for a free treatment or half price or something like this.
- Don’t wait too long before emailing them or they’ll forget you exist. Be prepared and have a newsletter ready to send the next day.
Be visible and reach unlikely clients
Becoming visible in your community can help you to reach people who could benefit from massage but haven’t experienced it. Some people are really nervous to book in.
Giving sample paid or unpaid treatments at a public event means lots of people can see the treatment. They can see how nice it looks and be more likely to try it then and there or book a private session with you. They get to meet you and feel comfortable with who they are booking in with.
Once they realise they only need to uncover their shoulders or even stay completely clothed, it can put them at ease and makes the treatment even more inviting. My Indian Head Massage Course covers the seated treatment and I do talk about doing Indian Head laying down as well.
I offer this course online as well – please email for more info on this.
Whenever you do events, just don’t forget your promotional material. Please think some people might be too shy to have a treatment in public or even to approach you to ask questions. It seems crazy to you, but it is surprising how many people find it daunting to ask.
You can keep busy during your slow periods
If you’re having a slow day or even a slow period why not approach local businesses and offer chair massage for staff during lunch breaks?
Slow periods are often holiday periods so this could be a good time to approach hotels and B&B’s.
You have nothing to lose, give it a whirl…
Increasing bookings with a lying massage.
On our Indian Head Massage Online Course you will learn the seated treatment. However I do give you tips on ways that you can do this laying down. You can promote the extra relaxation this can bring. Or even combine it with other treatments such as; Reiki or Facials.
If you are already a massage therapist you will be well aware of the benefits of massage which include increasing energy, easing muscle tension, reducing anxiety and stress, boosting the immune system and much more
Indian Head Massage is fabulous for:
Sinusitis, Hay Fever, Hair Loss, Migraines, Headaches. It can also help some cases of tinnitus. Please be guided with your client on this one though as sinusitis can be a very uncomfortable.
Spread the word – here are a few ways and ideas
- Describe the benefits just as you would if you were talking to a friend.
- Put it on your business cards, website, in social media posts, in texts and emails to your clients etc.
- Create information cards about how Indian Head Massage benefits these ailments.
- If you’ve recently trained in Indian Head Massage, make sure you push it out on social media
- Why not create a Facebook event and host an evening at your salon?
- Create a special treatment combining Indian Head Massage with another therapy such as a back massage, reflexology, reiki or facial.
I also offer a free strategy call as part of my Creating Salon Success group, to discuss the challenges you are facing in your business or to help you find your direction. Or, maybe you just need a little support and want to work at things at your own pace, join us.
There are so many modules available to you, all aimed at helping you have the business you always thought you would have; learn how to price your treatments and build your confidence.
If you fancy a chat just get in touch…